Sunday, June 9, 2019

Sailing Home Anniversary Card

Hello Stampers. It's been a while. Life's been busy. We had to say Good bye to our beloved Rat Terrier, Buster, last weekend. He had been sick quite a while. Much of my time was governed by him - trying to get him to eat, trying to get his heart medicine in him, making sure I knew when he was awake (which wasn't very often) so we could make a dash outside to potty. The geriatric stage is difficult, but I'd do it all again if I had to. He definitely took a piece of my heart with him.

Onto my card for today. This is a card that I made for hubby for our anniversary. He's a Navy man and loves all nautical items. Enter Sailing Home.
Pairing the Sailing Home Bundle with the Colorful Layers wave die seemed like a no-brainer to me. If you look closely, you'll noticed that I changed the sentiment...say what??? How'd she do that??? I covered "Let Hope Be Your" with washi tape then inked up the sentiment. I removed the washi tape and stamped so that only "Anchor Through The Storms of Life" stamped on my cardstock. Then I took washi tape and covered "True North" on the "You Are My True North" sentiment so that when I removed the washi tape, only "You Are My" was inked up. I stamped that above the word "Anchor" and viola! New sentiment! It's so true. Hubby is my Anchor Through the Storms of Life". I'm so glad he was home when I had to make the dreaded decision for our little Buster.
I cut slits in the sides of the folds so the waves could go through and be glued to the back of the card. I cut the side with the lighthouse down to just a tab at the bottom so the lighthouse could be a beautiful focal point.
There was a spot for me to write a note on the back.
I used the sentiment diecut to give the edges of the cardstock a bit of appeal. 
I love the way this card turned out. Our 17th Anniversary was May 18th. Little did I know how true this sentiment was going to be in just a couple of weeks. :( 

Our sweet Li'l B
Hug your family members - whether human or furry. We're never guaranteed tomorrow. I truly hope this little guy knows how much he touched our hearts in the 5 years we were blessed with him. We got him from a rescue when he was 10 and I hope someday I get to see him again at the Rainbow Bridge.


Product List

2 comments:

  1. RIP Buster = Romping in Paradise. Bless you for adopting and loving an older baby. XX Mal, Melbourne, Australia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mal. He was one of the best. <3 And thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. It means a lot to me.

      Delete