Friday, October 21, 2016

Fall Scarecrow Card

The end of September/beginning of October is always a whirlwind for me. I try to cram as much riding in as possible before the snow flies. Hubby & I meet our friends down in the Missouri Ozarks for 10 days of riding and camping at the beginning of the October every year.

Here's one of the pics we had taken with our friend, Jill, this year. I love how the photographer placed us in front of the water so she could get our reflection in the shot.

I tend to ride and camp locally as often as I can. This year has been different though. The weather hasn't been cooperative in the Midwest and I've had other obligations and had to place riding (and crafting) on the back burner. It's been tough for me since riding is my fair-weather passion and crafting is my not-so-great weather passion. Please bear with me as I start to settle back into my non-riding hobby as the temps lead into Winter.

This is the first card that we created in September's class. I just love that li'l scarecrow from the Halloween Cookie Cutter set. The card base is Cajun Craze. The layer is Sahara Sand. I cut the leaf out with the Leaflet Framelit dies and stamped the leaves on the card front and the envelope with the coordinating Vintage Leaves set. The Scarecrow is colored with my Many Marvelous Markers. The sentiment is from the Acorny Thank You stamp set.The finishing touch is the Kraft Rope Trim tied across the front.
I hope you've enjoyed today's card. I will try to be more consistent in the near future :)

No comments:

Post a Comment