Saturday, July 9, 2016

Baby Bear Card Swap

Good morning everyone! The weather here in Illinois is gorgeous today! The humidity finally dropped and I think the day might just call for a pony ride :) But first, I'd like to share the card that I made for our Stray Ducklings basket swap a couple of weeks ago. The theme was "Black & White with a Pop of Color." Now, I don't know about you, but I just can't get enough of this baby bear stamp! It's everything I hoped it would be when I first saw it in the new catalog.


I used Whisper White cardstock for the base, basic black cs for the 1st layer, whisper white for the 2nd layer & stamped the lace image from Grateful Bunch in Smoky Slate. I also stamped this image inside the card on the right edge. The sentiment is from the Suite Sayings stamp set

I stamp my Baby Bears backwards: 
First, I stamped the #3 bear (the most detailed one) in black Memento Ink
Second, I stamped the #2 bear in full strength Smoky Slate Ink
Third, I stamped the #1 bear in Stamped off Smoky Slate Ink

I cut the bear out with my Layering Squares Framelit Dies & cut a panel of Sweet Sugarplum to place behind it. I tied a fork bow using a piece of Sweet Sugarplum Ruched Ribbon and glued it to the bear. I cut a Delicate Doily in quarters to place behind the frame but added a small square of black cs to make it pop. 

Well, that's it for today. I'm off to enjoy this beautiful weather while we still have it. You know it is the Midwest; our weather changes in 5 minute increments ;) 


No comments:

Post a Comment