Thursday, July 7, 2016

Baby Bear Step Card

I entered a Product Challenge with my Upline, Linda Bauwin. She sends us several current items to use to make a card. We send that card back to her to be judged. Her team judges the cards and the winner wins all of the cards that were entered. I had the honor of being a winner this month! :) The items she sent this month included some of the new In-Color Enamel Shapes, delicate white doilies and bow paper clip embellishments.

I'm in love with the new Baby Bear stamp set so I couldn't wait to use it in the Product Challenge. The idea was CASEd from images I found online. There are a lot of step cards made into dressers out there! I wanted to make the drawers look real so I scored them and raised them with 2 Stampin' Dimensionals on each side underneath of the drawers. The base of the card is done in Very Vanilla cardstock. The drawers are Soft Suede cardstock. The doilies are sponged with Soft Suede ink and one is backed with a circle cut from the new Layering Circle Framelit Dies and backed with Sweet Sugarplum cardstock. The bow is wrapped in Flirty Flamingo Ruched Ribbon. I used the Lots of Labels Framelits Dies to cut out the base of the dresser. The sentiment is from Suite Sayings and cut out with the Layering Squares Framelits Dies using Peek-A-Boo Peach cardstock as the background.

 I stamped my bear backwards. I started using the #3 image with Tip Top Taupe. Then I stamped the #2 image over the top with full-strength Sahara Sand. Lastly, I used Sahara Sand ink again, but I stamped it off on scrap paper before stamping the #1 image over the top of the other two. I feel that you can see through the #1 image best, which makes it easy to line up. This bear is so life-like! You just wanna pick it up and give it a squeeze!

I hope you enjoy today's card. I would love to hear from you so that I know someone out there is reading my posts ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment