Sunday, November 13, 2016

Thanksgiving Blessings

With Thanksgiving fast approaching, I wanted to share a card that I made per request from a friend. She wanted a Thanksgiving card "with no turkeys" LOL! Knowing what a good christian woman she is, I opted to order the Paisleys & Posies stamp set specifically so I could have the sentiment on the card for her. Then I remembered a beautiful card that one of my fellow Stray Ducklings blessed us with in a swap. I took the swap idea and ran with it, adding completely different colors, more layers and our beautiful copper foil sheets. I am over-the-top happy with this card. I hope you like it too!

The card base is Crumb Cake. The layers are Cajun Craze, Copper Foil & Very Vanilla. The sentiments are stamped on Very Vanilla cardstock in Soft Suede and the flowers are a mix of Soft Suede and Cajun Craze. 


I decided that my friend deserved a pretty package to hold the cards she ordered, so I dug through my retired cardstock and found this adorable autumn-themed DSP. I just love the little acorns! I did a little scoring and cut an opening on a piece of Whisper White with our Classic Label Punch and et Viola! Card Hanger! I wrote a thank you message to my friend inside the hanging card and now her order of Thanksgiving cards to mail out to her friends is ready to be delivered. :)






I'm looking forward to a great Thanksgiving. I'd love to hear your plans. :)

If you don't have a Stampin' Up! demo and would like to order some of these products, I'd be happy to help you.

Happy "No turkey card" day ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment