Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Christmas Bear MOJO Monday 476

Happy Wednesday! The past 24 hours have been filled with blogging difficulty. You see, one of the big detriments to living in the country is that we have, mediocre internet. And, unfortunately the last 24 hours of attempting to "blog ahead" before I left for vacation have proved to be futile.

Currently, I'm sitting at O'Hare National Airport at the United Club soaking up all of their "free" internet I can before I take flight :) I wanted to post this card yesterday when I finished it, but alas, country internet had other plans. Que sera sera! LOL

Without further ado, today's card was inspired by this week's MOJO Monday sketch. It's a 5"x5" square card. I'm so use to doing A2 cards, it was fun to change it up.
I started with a 5"x10" piece of Crumb Cake Cardstock scored at 5".  I layered it with 4 3/4" x 4 3/4" Chocolate Chip cardstock and a piece of 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" Candy Cane Lane Designer Series Paper. 

I stamped the bear from the Baby Bear Stamp Set onto a 3 1/4"x 3 1/4" piece of Whisper White Cardstock in Crumb Cake, Soft Suede and Early Espresso inks and made him a hat using the Jolly Hat Builder Punch with Red Glimmer Paper and Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper. I layered him onto a piece of 3 3/8"x 3 3/8" Real Red cardstock then layered that onto a piece of 3 3/4"x 3 3/4" Chocolate Chip cardstock.  

The sentiment from Reason for the Season was stamped in Real Red and cut out along with another piece of Crumb Cake with our Layering Circle Framelits. I sponged the edges of the sentiment in Early Espresso before adhering it to the base with Stampin' Dimensionals

I layered the inside in Chocolate Chip, Real Red and Whisper White as well. The finishing touch is a candy cane from the Candy Cane Christmas stamp set on both the inside of the card and the envelope.

Since this card is square, I had to make an envelope using my Envelope Punch Board
It's so nice to be able to make an envelope the exact size you need it :)

I had fun playing along with the MOJO Monday Sketch. Please click on the sketch to see other submissions.

http://mojomonday.blogspot.com/2016/11/mojo-monday-476.html



No comments:

Post a Comment