Saturday, April 22, 2017

Stained Glass Technique

Hello Weekend! 😁

Today I get to meet with my stampin' sisters, the Stray Ducklings. I just love my time with these women. They are inspirational, caring, supportive and of course they share my love of paper crafting!

Speaking of which, I have two cards today compliments of those gals. Both cards use the same technique - Stained Glass. 

The first card was made by me but designed by Mary Heinzman ( http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/marycarolscards/ ) Mary used the Playful Backgrounds stamp set. She stamped them on Vellum using Versamark Ink then heat embossed them with our Silver Embossing Powder. She used her Regals Stampin' Write Markers to color in the backside of her embossed image. Viola! Stained Glass! I just love this card! It's so bright & cheery! 

The second card was made by me but designed by Bonnie Alexander ( http://aliveandstamping.blogspot.com/ ). Bonnie used the recently retired and sold-out Stylish Stems thinlets die and the Petal Burst embossing folder for her card. We attached a piece of Vellum on the back of the cutout and sponged Sweet Sugarplum on it to get this effect. Soft, subtle and elegant all at the same time!

The finishing touches are the sentiment from the Special Reason stamp set & the Sweet Sugarplum ribbon (Hurry! They're on sale, while supplies last!

I hope you get to enjoy the rest of your weekend being creative. 
Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment