Friday, January 19, 2018

Pig Pen Card

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!
Woot! Woot! 
I have a fancy fun-fold card for you today. I entered a challenge from my Upline, Linda Bauwin. She always gets my creative juices going because she offers free product as a prize. 
Who doesn't like to win free stuff???!!!



I knew from the moment I saw this barn door bundle that I was going to HAVE to have it 😉
It's right up my alley. But, what's a barn without farm animals? Thankfully we have the cute This Little Piggy set to fill it up! 

I just love that roof made with the Home Sweet Home die cuts & the Sale-A-Bration freebie, Bubbles & Fizz DSP. 

I knew I had to add straw to the barn/pig pen and what good is straw without a cute little piggy to roll around in it?


Yea, I had WAY too much fun with this! 


The piggies were heat embossed then watercolored with ink and an aqua painter. 
(all products are linked at the bottom of this post for your ordering convenience) 

I used an accordian-type fold to get the pen to kind of pop up when opened. 


And here it is folded flat for mailing. It was a squeeze to get it into our standard A2 envelope, 
But it went. 
🐷


I hope you all have a wonderfully fabulous weekend filled with your favorite activities! 

I'll be back late Saturday night/Early Sunday morning for a Blog Waddle (hop) with my Stray Ducklings friends. 

Until then, 
Happy Stamping!  




PIG PEN
Base- Crumb Cake 4¼ x 11 Scored at ¾, 1 3/8, 2 & 2 ¾ from each end. Added a panel of 4 1/8 x 5 3/8 wood textures DSP to the center
Roof Base- Daffodil Delight 2 ¾ x 5 ½ Scored @ 7/8 & 2 on the short side
Shingles- Bubbles & Fizz DSP (FREE with a $50 order!)  cut with the Home Sweet Home Thinlits
Door Crumb Cake & Wood textures DSP 5 ½ x 4 ¼ cut & stamped with the Barn Door Bundle & layered with Foam Strips in between them. I used #8 washers (8) and mini dimensionals for the sliders.
Straw Strip inside is just a 1 x 5¼ strip of DaffodilDelight that I snipped with my paper snips and added a strip of  ½” Woodtextures DSP.
Piggies are stamped with This Little Piggy in black ink and embossed with Clear Stampin’ EmbossPowder on Watercolor Paper, then water colored using Powdered Pink & Sahara Sand ink and the aqua painter.


14 comments:

  1. You are a ROCK STAR. This card is so stinkin' cute. Way cuter in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sooooo much! It means a lot to me, coming from you! <3333

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very creative Kim and the pigs are SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply, simply amazing my friend. That is the cutest thing I have ever seen and I am in awe over the work you put into it! Hat's off to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Colleen! It was a work of love <3 I had a lot of fun with it! :)

      Delete
  5. So very creative. Just when you've seen it all (you think), along comes a totally different idea. Thank you so much for sharing. Can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pam! I would love to see pictures if you get it done :)

      Delete
  6. Wow what an amazing card. You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stacie! I really appreciate your kind words and that you took the time to comment on my blog :)

      Delete
  7. Miss Kim, I saw this card on Linda's page and just had to cove over and comment...so very clever!!...what a creative talent you have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww! Thank you so much for popping over. I really appreciate the comments and the love. Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  8. Kim this card is absolutely ADORABLE! I think I will make it for our shut-ins, service men-and -women, missionaries, and church staff! They will get a kick out of it! I will definitely give you the credit! I believe in giving credit where credit is due!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Tammy! I appreciate the respect and the wonderful comments! I would love to see yours when you get it done :) Happy Valentine's Day!

      Delete