Wednesday, December 1, 2021

December We Bee Stamping TEAM Blog Hop 3-D Christmas Gifts

 Hello there! The We Bee Stamping Team is excited to bring you more inspiration through our monthly Blog Hop. This month we're making 3-D Christmas gifts

I have been wanting to try to stamp on candles for a long time. I purchased the candles some time ago, but they sat in a cupboard. Too chicken to try I guess. LOL! Then my Sister-In-Law asked me to do a craft show with her. Viola! Incentive! The timing of our blog hop theme just happened to be perfect too!  

The first candle I made using Heartfelt Wishes, Merriest of Moments Stamp sets and the Real Red Sheer Ribbon. The ribbon and Heartfelt Wishes stamp set are on the retiring list so if you like them you can click on the links below to grab them in my online store. 

I wish you could see the flickering, it looks so real :) 


Here's a another one using the Snowman Season stamps, Memento Ink and Stampin' Write markers. 
I love how fun this one is!






And last, but not least, I used the up & coming In The Moment Stamp set and colored it with Stampin' Write Markers too. 

Unfortunately, this ribbon and embellishment are retired, but I had them laying around and couldn't resist adding them to this candle. 

Soooo, how did I do it? I stamped on white tissue paper, colored it if needed then place the tissue paper on the candle where I wanted it, covered it with a long piece of wax paper, holding it tightly around the candle then used my heat tool to melt it into the candle wax. The key to this is to be sure to buy wax candles (they make them in LED too, that's what I used). Plastic candles will not work. 

I am just giddy over this! I love to learn new things and this pushed me out of my comfort zone. You can bet I'll do more of these! 

Be sure to subscribe to my blog by entering your email address in the upper left side of this page so you don't miss the other items I made for the craft show! 🎄🎅

And, don't forget to check out the beautiful items the rest of my friends have made by clicking on the links below. 

HAPPY BLOG BUZZING!


              Buzz this way to Leigh Amburgey's blog         Buzz this way to Linda Bauwin's blog

                

Product List

10 comments:

  1. Love these candles. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this technique. An oldie a goodie and I really like your samples.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE these candles!!! I did these YEARS ago... nice to see them back again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your candle ideas! Such inspiring choices too! Like that they are battery powered. So much safer. May case this too! I'm gonna be busy:)
    Thanks for sharing!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete