Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Inspiring Iris for the Stray Ducklings Blog Waddle

Welcome to the July edition of the Stray Ducklings blog waddle! You may be coming here from Lori Helvick's blog or maybe you're just starting with mine. Either way, we're happy to have you waddling along with us! 

From the moment I spotted Inspiring Iris in the new catalog, I knew I had to have it. I started playing with it then was like 😱 I couldn't make it work the way I saw in my head. I'm sure that never happens to any of you in the stamping world, right? *wink! wink!* So I told myself, "Just put ink to paper, it'll all work out." And it did! Here's what I started with: 


I had 3 irises, all decorated with a different medium. Now what?
I just started throwing matching cardstock on my drafting table. Then, guess what?! It all started coming together! Today I want to focus on the piece that I used the Stampin' Write markers on. 

Normally, I struggle with getting the Stampin' Write markers to color cleanly for me. I end up with lots of lines and unhappy with my finished project. Not this time. I used circular motion while coloring and look at that image. Not too shabby right?

I threw in some Balmy Blue Cardstock and some of our new Washi tape and viola! nice & easy card.  
 You can barely make out the image on the right from the stamp set. I stamped it off before stamping it on the cardstock. I wanted a lighter impression. 

And that's it for today!

Wait....what? You wanted to see the other two cards I came up with??? Well then, you're just gonna have to stay tuned in the next couple of days. They're going to make an appearance very soon. 😉

Catchya on the flip side!

Meanwhile my Duckling friends are going to keep you entertained. Please waddle along to their pages. Next up is Nancy Legate. I'm sure her creation is beautiful!

                            Kim Baker  <---You are here.

Nancy Legate

Sue Boerner

Sheryl Diemer

Lori Helvick




Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment