Saturday, March 7, 2020

Gnome Home Swap Card

Happy Saturday! (If you're reading this as it's posted!) I am currently knee deep in projects at a fun weekend retreat. I wanted to share the card I made for our swap at the retreat. 
I gleefully call it my "Gnome Home" card.
Yep, I jumped on the Gnome wagon. How could I not? These guys are so darn cute!!!
I knew my biggest difficulty was going to be die cutting 65 of the cattails, but it got done!
Then of course I couldn't leave the tips of the cattails green so they had to be colored with my bronze Stampin' Blend. I was struggling with getting the bronze on blades of grass. I didn't want that! So, I took a post-it note strip and weaved it behind each of the cattails and over the tips of the blades of grass. Viola! That did the trick! So much easier to color that way!

See, not a blade of grass discolored now 😉

A fun pile of grass & cattails! 

Onto my favorite.....GNOMES!!!! I tell ya, I just giggled as I was putting these little guys together. LOL! They make me all giddy! Yea, I know, it doesn't take much to amuse me, but just try to make them and you'll see for yourself! 

A pile of gnomes and their tree homes just waiting to be adorned on a card base. 

Onto the sentiments...

And again, the finished product. Isn't it Adorbs?!

As for the little Isabel Bloom gnome....
 He was a gift from my Sister-In-Law, Michelle, who is joining me at the retreat. Once she saw my project, she picked this little guy up for me. 

 I'm Gnomified! 






Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment