Friday, March 5, 2021

Pop-Up Flip Fun Fold Card

 Hello Stampers!!!

Today I'm prepping for a big stamping retreat. I usually go to Rockford the first weekend of March to participate in a fun weekend away from home, but thanks to Covid, it has turned into a Retreat in a Box and we are participating via Zoom. I have 2 fun friends joining me at my house for the weekend so it'll be a tiny retreat for 3 in person but there are 98 people total doing this retreat!!! I can't even begin to imagine how much work it was putting it all together! 😲

On with my fun card for today. I learned this fun fold at splitcoaststampers.com a few weeks ago and thought I'd try it out for a contest that my Upline, Linda Bauwin, is having. I used the Brand New Butterfly Brilliance Collection. I'm really happy with the way it turned out. 


It pops up and sits in the groove, like an easel card, when it's opened. 

I added a lace doily and a gold hoop behind the butterfly. I cut off the excess of the doily so the card would close properly. I used the Light So Saffron and Light Calypso Coral Blends to color the stamped butterfly. 
I raised my Basic White piece up with dimensionals so it would catch the butterfly circle then added some Gold Gilded Gems to match the gold hoop. 

This fold looks daunting but once you watch the video and follow the directions in the tutorial, it's not. I definitely want to make more of these in the future!

As always, you can click on any of the product pictures below and it will take you to my store. Have a marvelous weekend!

HAPPY STAMPING!

~Kim~

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment