Sunday, September 13, 2020

From Christmas Paper to Whaaaaaat?????

 Hello stampers!

If you're like me you have a fascination with DSP (Designer Series Paper). Even though I have tons of it, I still "need" more. I ordered Stampin' Up's new Trimming the Town DSP because I loved the bright, cheery colors in it. Just look at all of these fun, happy sheets. 

What I didn't realized until my order came in was how much I was going to love and use one particular 2-sided sheet. 
Those.Dots. 
What do YOU think of when you see them? 

For me, I couldn't get Minnie Mouse's bow out of my head. So, I set out to make it. In my search for bow pieces, I found the die cuts from the Arrange A Wreath bundle were perfect! It cuts 2 hearts and a small circle at once! Viola! Bow! 

I was giddy with excitement over this finding! :) And to make matters even better, I grabbed my trusty Silicone Mat and Take Your Pick tool. Take a look-see at my short video. 


Cute huh? Well, once I had a Minnie Mouse, I had to create a Mickey - of course! And so, these two very simple cards were born. 

I'm just tickled with this project! I hope you enjoy it as well! The sentiment is from the So Sentimental stamp set. I used my Stamparatus to stamp it a couple of time and ensure the ink was nice and dark. Mickey's buttons were made using the Hippo & Friends dies. 

It simply amazes me how one pattern can create such a trigger in our minds and inspire us to do so many things! The fact that Stampin' Up! has so many different shapes in their dies, helped me go from an inspired thought to fruition. I LOVE how that whole process works! 

What will YOU stamp today??? I'd love to see your projects too! 

Stay tuned to see how I used the flip side of that polka-dotted pattern for another non-Christmas card. 

HAPPY STAMPING!
~Kim~



Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment