Thursday, June 10, 2021

June Stampin Stray Ducklings Blog Waddle



                           

I share my passion for stamps, ink & paper with a special flock of ladies called the "Stampin' Stray Ducklings". Whenever we're together, feathers fly because of all the fun we have! Today, my feathered (or notsomuch! LOL) friends & I are featuring new products from the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog

I chose to use the In the Wild Suite for our Blog Waddle today. We had our normal Monday night Stray Ducklings Zoom Mystery card meeting this week. Nancy showed us how to make an Inside Shadow Box card. So cool! I love it when we end up with cards I've never made before! That happens a lot with Nancy. Nancy & I have very similar stamping styles and she certainly loves fancy folds like I do! I'm so grateful to her for doing this for us!


I love how the tiger on the front of the card pops against that flowered DSP. Then inside, viola! Shadow Box! IMHO, the tiger needed more stripes so I added extra squiggly marks to him with a fine tip black marker. The scalloped piece you see below on the left is from the Scalloped Contour dies. I like to have lots of room to write personal messages on my cards. The die cut I used for the shadow box is from the Hippo & Friends dies, but you can use any large die you have :) 


The suite includes the stamp set, Big Cats dies, the In the Wild DSP and an animal print embossing folder - which is super cool but I forgot to use it on my card! 😞
I guess I'll have to make another project so I can show it off! 😉

Full Disclosure: I hate to admit it, but I watched The Tiger King series *sigh* 😲.
 I can't stop thinking about it when I look at any cards done with this set. LOL! 
I'm sure I'm not alone....

And there you have it! Please make sure to check in with the rest of my duckling friends. Next up is Sheryl Diemer or you're welcome to waddle back to visit Sue Boerner 

HAPPY WADDLING!!!
~Kim~




                              Kim Baker <---you are here :) 
Sheryl Diemer
Nancy Legate
Debbie Widener
Lori Helvick
Sue Boerner 



Product List

6 comments: