Thursday, October 21, 2021

Diagonal Easel Fold Challenge Card


Hello Krafty friends :) 
Today I'm sharing a Diagonal Easel fold card that I made for a challenge for my upline, Linda Bauwin. Linda really gets our creative juices flowing by sending us consumable products (pieces of DSP, embellishments, ribbon, etc) that we are to make at least one card with and send it back to her for a team of judges to review. The top winners win FREE products. It's a really great incentive for us to send our best work to her!

The Whimsy and Wonder suite has really got me thinking regarding non-traditional holiday colors. One of the items Linda sent in my packet was the Peaceful Place snowflake paper. I opted to run with that color scheme. 
Black & white cards and paper are usually not my favorite but I have to admit, with the addition of the metallic paper and the shimmer of this card, it's really elegant, imho. I feel like pictures just don't do it justice. 


Check out that shiny white tree.... Guess where that paper came from...... It's the edges of the paper that the snowflake die cuts come in! Is that resourceful or what? LOL! 
All of the sentiments were heat embossed using Versamark and the silver from the metallics embossing powders. 

It folds nice & flat for mailing :) 

Just look at that holographic shine from the Whimsy & Wonder paper!


And check out the brushed texture on that Silver Foil Paper. So pretty!

That little white tree was also die cut out of the leftover scrap from the snowflake remnants. I wish you could see the iridescent shine on both the snowflake and the tree, but I just couldn't get a good picture of it. 

A little Gray Granite Shimmer Ribbon just tops everything off, don't ya think?
I am very happy with the way this card turned out and I'm even happier that I liked the monotone look of it! I think my tastes are changing as I mature. LOL! 

I would love for you to join my team so you can participate in these fun challenges as well! 
Check it out HERE or feel free to contact me if you have questions. 

Welp, that's it for me today. I hope you have some time today to get inky!
HAPPY STAMPING!
~Kim~


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment