Monday, March 23, 2020

Ornate Garden for the FabFriday 185

Howdy! 
How are you all dealing with this social distancing? 
Honestly, I'm having a ball in my craft room! Stampin' Up! released this new Ornate Garden Suite just in time! It's a brand-new suite that is going to be in the new 2020-2021 Annual Catalog. Demonstrators were able to get it this month and it's being released to everyone next month!!! Whoop! Whoop! 
Isn't it purdy?

Today's card was inspired by the Fab Friday 185 sketch challenge. 

There's still time for you to play along as well! 
I started with a base of Early Espresso, added a layer of So Saffron and 2 different layers of the Ornate Garden Designer Series Papers. I die-cut a piece of Early Espresso using the Ornate Layers Dies and shortened it by putting it through the die cut twice. Then I used the embossing buddy on it and stamped "Thanks" in Versamark and heated it with white embossing powder. I just loved the look of it! I topped it off by adding 3 of the Gold Gilded Gems to bring out the gold in the DSP.
 I think it balances it nicely, don't you?
And, of course, I HAD to add a little something to the inside of the card and the envelope! 
It's not finished til everything is decorated, dontchaknow?! 

Now it's your turn! While you're practicing your social distancing, go craft. I promise it'll make you feel better! 

HAPPY STAMPING!

~Kim~


Product List

4 comments:

  1. Lovely card to show off the new DSP! I like your soft color combo as well as the trio of gold gems! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, Kim - such great DSP to show off! That inside corner detail is brilliant - totally stealing that idea! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heather! I'm a symmetrical person. To me, it totally balanced out the amount of gold in that corner of the Mint Macaron and goil foil paper ;)

      Delete