Monday, May 10, 2021

May Stampin Stray Ducklings Blog Waddle- Cap & Gown card/money holder

                      

I share my passion for stamps, ink & paper with a special flock of ladies called the "Stampin' Stray Ducklings". Whenever we're together, feathers fly because of all the fun we have! This month, my feathered (or notsomuch! LOL) friends & I are featuring Dad or Grad cards. 

This theme is perfect for me since my most favorite young man of all time is graduating high school this year. My nephew, Sam, who's been my partner-in-crime on lots of horse camping trips and riding adventures is off to college. 
Where in the heck did time go? I couldn't be more proud of him and I can't wait to celebrate with him on the 22nd. 

Without further ado, here is his card. I CASEd it from Rhonda Griffin but I changed the measurements so it would fit in a regular Stampin' Up medium envelope. Sam's high school colors are maroon and white so I used Blackberry Bliss CS for the base of his card. 
Congratulations is heat embossed with silver embossing powder. The tassle is a retired embellishment from the Dressed to Impress suite, but you could just as easily make a tassle with our white twine. The Gold Gilded Gems work perfectly for the top of the cap!

I added a little money pocket to the inside of his gown to and the sentiments from A Grand Kid stamp set were PERFECT for this card :) 

I used the Stitched Triangle die cuts to make the top of the gown and added some gray granite shimmer ribbon with tear tape below the triangles. 
 The Playful Alphabet dies were used for the numbers.

Et Viola! It fits nicely inside our medium white envelopes! 

I sure hope Sam enjoys his personalized card. I know for certain he'll enjoy the president inside it! 😉
Here are the measurements: 
Blackberry Bliss- 3¼ x 8½ scored at 2⅛ from each end (gown)
                                 - 3x3 (cap)
                                 - 2x2 scored at 1" on one side (cap holder)
                                 - 1½ x 1¾ punched using ½" circle punch on 1¾ side (money holder)

Basic White- 3x4 (inside)
                         - 2x2 (triangles) 
                         - 1x3 (numbers)
                                  
And there you have it! Please make sure to check in with the rest of my duckling friends. Next up is Sue Boerner or you're welcome to waddle back to visit Debbie Widener





If you get lost along the way, here's a list of all of our participants this month: 

                                 Kim Baker<---you are here :) 

HAPPY WADDLING!!!
~Kim~


Product List

3 comments:

  1. Great minds think alike! I like how you added the pocket for the money, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! I left the exact same comment on your blog!!!

      Delete
  2. Kim, I love the die-cut Congratulations on your card!

    ReplyDelete