Saturday, May 23, 2020

Check out this fun fish bowl shaker card!

Happy Memorial Weekend!
I've got a super fun, fun-fold shaker card for you today! Yep, you heard (saw, LOL) that's right, a fun-fold AND a shaker! 
Say whaaaaaaaa?! Check it out!

 I cut 2 pieces of Whisper White with the Stitched Rectangle dies. I stamped the fishbowl on the top one in Memento ink and cut it out then I stamped the bowl on the bottom one by laying the cut out one on top so I knew they'd match up. I used the sponge brayers to brayer balmy blue and sahara sand ink across the front piece. 
 I cut a piece of Window Sheet Slightly larger than the bowl opening and stuck it on with glue dots in each corner. Then I took my Dark Seaside Spray Blends and swiped it on it's side back & forth across the fishbowl almost to the top so it would look like water in the bowl. Can you see it? It's light, but it's there. 
 I knew I wanted to use Mango Melody for the card base and I just happened to have this fun-fold already cut and waiting to be used :) 
 A little decorating on the inside too ...


 The fish were stamped in gray granite, pumpkin pie & mango melody, fussy cut and popped up on dimensionals inside the fish bowl. I lined the top bowl with adhesive strips all the way around then sprinkled some retired sequins inside before I added the 2 rectangle sections together. 
So.Much.Fun.


It's not often that a card comes together exactly how you want and I've had this one in my head ever since I saw the Make A Splash host set in the Spring Mini and it's on the retirement list now. 
Don't let this one pass you by! 

I hope you get a chance to do something creative today. 
HAPPY STAMPING!
~Kim~

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment