Friday, May 15, 2020

Double Flower Pot

Good morning! 
It's a wet, dreary day here in Illinois - perfect for stamping :) 
Today I want to show you the beautiful card I made for our "2nd Mom". Barb takes care of our critters for us when we go away, she's my partner-in-crime at line dancing and she's simply an amazing friend. We do a lot together, err, well, we did before all of this pandemic stuff. We still see each other now, but not nearly as often. She's always there for us if hubby and I need anything. She deserved a very special card. I saw this fun fold on a blog hop last week. Kelly Kent made it and I wanted to try it for Barb, so I enlisted hubby's help and we figured out dimensions that would work for it. :) 
First off though, I used the beautiful My Meadow stamp set to make that pretty scene. I started by stamping the kitty from Grace's Garden and masking her. Barb has a calico kitty that color. I wanted to make this very personal 💕 I masked the kitty then got to work stamping the scene. Isn't it pretty?! The card is embellished with the Parisian Flourish embossing folder and I used the Stitched Label Dies (retiring) for the sentiment. 

The magic happens when you open the card......
Et Viola! Double flower planters! Cool right?! 

I used a mixture of extra flower and leaf parts I had laying around and added a few others from different sets. The boxes are embossed with the Pinewood Planks embossing folder then put together. 

The sentiment is from the Enjoy Life (retiring) set. I love those swishy letters! I added some Peacock Rhinestones (retiring) to the centers of the back flowers and it was done. 

I hope Barb loved receiving it as much as I love making it for her. 

 Have a wonderful day!
HAPPY STAMPING!
~Kim~


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment