Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Herbie the Love Bug

 Hello Stampers

I was only a year old when the first Herbie the Love Bug movie came out, but having a dad named Herb, it was a comment that was said around our family my entire childhood - even though my dad HATES being called "Herbie".  So, I just couldn't resist making a Herbie the Love Bug card when I saw the new Sale-A-Bration stamp set Driving By.

I used a hole punch to make the circle on the door then just wrote "53" on it with a black marker and I also inserted "bug" on the sentiment from the Measure of Love stamp set. The car was stamped on Very Vanilla and colored with Stampin' Blends. I added some Wink of Stella to the hubcaps too. The background was embossed with the new splattered embossing folder. 


The banner represents the racing stripes on the front of Herbie.

And... I wanted to show you what I did to my stamps. Herbie had presents on the top and the race car in the set had balloons coming out of it. I cut them off! *gasp!* Yep, now I can use them completely separately for any stamps. Scary...yes but worth it. You just have to be sure to use fine, but sharp, scissors. 


Cool huh? Would you like to earn free products with every qualifying order? Just ask me how :) 

 I would love to hear what you think of my project. I read all your comments and appreciate knowing there are people out there reading my blog :) 

    HAPPY STAMPING!

~Kim~


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment